Justice Society WW2 is heat



 So I finally saw Justice Society WW2 the second movie in DC's rebooted animated universe. All I have to say is "I WANT MOOOORREEE". It's so well done, and even though I haven't seen its predecessor Superman Man of tomorrow I will say this movie is the best animated DC movie I've seen in the past 5 years. The story is pretty interesting and combines a bunch of different eras of comics really well. 

It follows Barry Allen (I know right? Who'd have thought DC thought of any other characters besides Batman) as he's attempting to help Superman defeat Brainiac who was fighting the man of steel. Allen then runs so fast he travels back to the middle of world war 2 where he meets the Justice Society comprised of Wonder Woman,Black Canary, Hourman, Hawkman and The original flash Jay Garrick as they fight Nazis and...that's pretty much it. 

There's no real antagonist and I feel this weighs down the story a bit but the main appeal is the characterisation of everyone and the way they all played off of each other. 

The action scenes were amazingly animated,the team at Warner animation were in their bag on this one, there were scenes that looked like an anime and the weeb in me (and out of me) both snapped. There's scenes here that we're so fluid and vibrant that I kept screaming like how a normal person would scream if they were watching soccer or something (I have no idea what normal people do). The sound design was nuts too, there was this vibration sound the two flashes made whenever they used their powers that was extremely satisfying and the sound of the impact every punch wonder woman threw felt great to listen to. 

The only flaws this movie has are the lack of a central villain and how underdeveloped the subplot of Barry needing to make every second count was.

All in all it was a really solid movie 7/10. 

Comments

  1. Love how this review flowed😍🔥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it's badgalbuja ☺️ You really brought the writing to life with your choice of words and metaphors. The writing is not too long, perfect for impatient readers.(not me though). One pointer, do a thorough spell check. The quickest way would be in a word.doc.
    Otherwise! I love your blog❣️ You have my support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support and your advice I'll definitely do a spell check with my next review❣️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts